Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Easy Shrimp Scampi with Orzo or Rice!

   ~ For an easy and quick meal for you and a family of 4, or you can double the recipe if your family is bigger. There is nothing to this recipe. Its quick and easy. Its extra fun with your the whole family helping while music is playing in the background! Super fun. I know that I had a blast with this recipe with me and my boys. It was so much fun. So now comes the best part, the recipe. ~

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1green onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic or 1 teaspoon McCormic Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon McCormic Parsley Flakes
1/4 teaspoon McCormic Black Pepper, Ground
2 tablespoons white wine or 1 tablespoon lemon juice

DIRECTIONS
1. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp, green onions, garlic, parsley and pepper, cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in wine or lemon juice.
2. Serve over cooked orzo, pasta, or rice, if desired.

Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes

   ~ I loved this recipe! Try it out and tell me what you think. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment